יום ג' פרשת האזינו
(Click 'Read More' to display or hide text)
ERUVIN 51 (18 Iyar, Lag b'Omer) - dedicated by Avi and Lily Berger of Queens, N.Y., in memory of Lily's father, Mr. Benny Krieger (Chananel Benayahu ben Harav Yisrael Avraham Aba), zt"l, who passed away on Lag ba'Omer 5763. Mr. Krieger exemplified Ahavas Chesed, Ahavas Torah and Ahavas Eretz Yisrael.
- Summary of the Daf
- Rava: A person may designate a tree as his residence for Shabbos only if he could technically get there before Shabbos.
- The Gemara discusses the source for the law that 2,000 Amos from one's residence is the limit for the Techum Shabbos.
- Rebbi Yishmael: A Gezeirah Shavah can be derived using words that are similar to each other.
- Rav Acha bar Yakov: The prohibition against carrying four Amos in Reshus ha'Rabim is not literally four Amos.
- Rav Nachman and Rav Chisda disagree about when Rebbi Meir and Rebbi Yehudah in the Mishnah (49b) agree with each other.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~